Monday, July 6, 2015

HUMP WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Selfie with Josue! =)


My famous cat friend! He's always hangin' around the church.

Do you like the glasses look?
HELLO EVERYBODY!

This is an exciting week. It feels like New Years! Or the end of a school year... Just missing the summer break hahaha. Tomorrow is my birthday, and Thursday is my hump day! 1 whole year being Elder Henry :)

It's pretty wild to think. Seriously wild haha. When you're in your mission it feels like you've always been there and you'll always be there, but there's a few strange moments where you realize that it's something that really does end at some point. It's put me to think a lot about what I've learned in this year, how the Lord has blessed me, and what lies ahead this year. and it makes me really happy!

Here on this earth, we're free to do what we want. But we're also accountable! (don't boo me out!) It's not a very popular style of thinking nowadays, but it's the truth. We have to be accountable to many people, but most importantly, to God for what we've done! And there is nothing better than sending a good report.

I'm not perfect. And, I'm not a perfect missionary, either! But as I've really thought about what I've done and what I've been able to accomplish in this year, I feel really happy with the results. I may not have the coolest stories or the biggest or most obvious changes, but I am really happy with what I've been able to do this year.

And I know that I can do a whole lot better this coming year! I've only got one year left to dedicate every moment to missionary work, and I'm gonna take advantage of it.

Honestly, these days, God has just blessed me greatly. Everything has just gone well. :) and I feel so lucky. I truly do feel God's love in my life.

Yesterday we had an interesting experience. We got to meet a man who had a lot of material things, and has lost it all, and is struggling with a lot of feelings of depression manifested in anger. and, as we testified that God really could help him feel at peace and that he really could overcome his shortcomings, I felt and still feel grateful to know this truth and have been able to apply it so many times in my own life.

I'm excited to see everyone again in a year, but I'm also really really excited to spend this year in the Lord's service. I love you all, I hope you all enjoyed the 4th of July, and that you can have a great week. Be grateful for what god gives you. Look for the good in everything. Love life!
-Elder Henry
The sisters had a wedding/baptism!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Spence,
    Glad to get your letter! Halfway home. In some ways, it seems like a long time, but sometimes, when I remember you "entertaining" us before you left, it seems like a short time! Grampa Ace can't reply on here, because I don't feel like teaching him right now. Perhaps I'll get it done before you come home! Missing you Honey, & we can't wait to hug you! Love, Granny & Grampa Ace

    ReplyDelete